Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wow!

I was supposed to be grading papers this evening, but I got to thinking about my family and then I got to thinking about my sister Heather's blog and so I went online to find out what was new in her house. She is as bad as me. Hasn't blogged for a month, actually to be technical, six weeks.

I have no room to cast aspersions, throw blame, or anything else along those lines. I just forget, or don't make the time, or well, whatever! I'm trying to plan our wedding, a honeymoon afterward, make a bunch of purses and stuff and do my regular job at the same time.

Well, our wedding, I may actually have some ideas where to have it. We've decided to rent a house at Tahoe. Just for a couple of nights. I think this might be the most economical way to do it. We'll have to have some place to stay anyway, because Doris' sister and nephew will probably stay at the condo. We need three nights. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I think this may be the way to do it too, because if I can find a house that has a nice enough yard, we can have the wedding and reception there also. It seems like a win-win situation for everyone. The website is www.vrbo.com. They have tons of vacation rentals, some really expensive, and some not so expensive. It might be a thought to go in together and get a house. It would save money for people who are traveling to the wedding. More bedrooms, more people, more fun. Just a thought.

I think I have the food squared away. I hope. I have to talk to the kosher meat guy and I also need to start thinking about non-dairy side dishes. No meat and dairy at a kosher jewish wedding. I have ideas about lots of things, but I should get organized and get them done. Dresses, flowers, rings, huppah, ketubah, ahhhh!

Well, must correct papers.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Okay, okay! I've updated my blog. It seems as though we haven't had any time in the Unruh house!