Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday, and not a moment too soon!

I'm sitting in the back of my classroom watching my students take a test. It's open book, open note, and they aren't supposed to be helping each other. Geez! I really think they forget that I'm not an idiot and I was there age once, too.

For some reason, some random thought made me check out my sister's blog and lo and behold, she had written something, which then made me think I should write something, so here I am.

I was home the first part of the week with a double ear infection. I must say this is one of the worst things you could wish for in the minor illness category. Although, you can conveniently say that you didn't hear when someone asks you to do something you don't want.

I've been doing a lot of purse construction here lately. I'm really enjoying it. I'm using the Amy Butler designs which, after a little tinkering to make them easier for my weird brain to handle, are super. I've created a messenger bag out of bright red paisley and am working on a travel bag in a cool flower print. I'll post pictures this weekend.

It's snowing here, which makes for a grey day. I'd rather be home making bread or cooking something totally yummy.

Can you tell I have not been doing any wedding planning. I don't know why, but I just can't get into the swing of it. We will be in Reno in two weeks and then we are finding a place to have the wedding. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Some people may want to ski, but I think this is much more important. Once that is done, the rest is easy. Oh, yeah, I have to order a ketubah also. Getting Rob to sit down and look at Ketubahs is going to be interesting. Well, it's a must be.

I'm half way through the day, so I'll just enjoy the rest.

No comments: